Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pioche Mines - Lincoln County Photographer

Pioche is a little Nevada town, about 180 miles north/northeast of Las Vegas. The population is small- *maybe* 500 people, and the food at the Silver Cafe is great (Hi, Mom!).

It has quite a history- a booming silver mining town back in the mid-1800's and their big claim to fame is that some 72 people died of violent deaths in the town before 1 died of natural causes.

Take in the sights- Boot Hill cemetary, the Million Dollar Courthouse, the Lincoln County Musuem, and drive around to see the old mines. And then, when you've done that, stop by the Silver Cafe for some pie, their homemade breads, or some local CJ Pomegranate jelly. (The latter is a shameless plug for my family.)

The following are pics I took for my final project in one of my classes. I had a great time driving around town with my mom, checking out the places I never explored as a kid (and I can't believe we never did!).

***Edited to add that the teacher liked my photos so much that they will be displayed at the school next semester. YAY!

























0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP